Through smart tech tools in the POS software, website connectivity as well as in-store management guidance and out of store marketing, newsXpress is delivering terrific benefits to members and helping newsagents find a good path through a period of extraordinary change.
The days of the old newsagency is Australia are over as new and exciting businesses emerge. These new model businesses are offering less in the way of old-school newsagency products and more in the areas of exciting, innovative and fun products that serve consumers today and into the future.
Speaking at a recent newsagent forum, the newsXpress pitch was simple:
We give newsagents hope by providing options for finding new customers, by helping to farewell out of date practices and by providing access to better margin products. We help newsagents enjoy their businesses more and make them more valuable. This is what we do at newsXpress every day … because, we believe in local small business retail. We are not locked into the shingle of the past. On the horizon, we see a bright future.
Here are 15 things newsXpress offers newsagents. While the full lis is considerably longer, these 15 often matter to newsagents looking for immediate boost in their business.
- Access to more than 100 preferred suppliers offering discounts off invoice from 5% to 25% and covering key categories including: gifts, plush, toys, stationery, cards and jewellery.
- A monthly DEALS envelope with extra special deals from newsXpress preferred suppliers.
- Valuable prizes for major seasons – where one of your customers wins a prize. The total newsXpress Father’s Day prizes worth more than $55,000.
- A loyalty program that drives card sales – 100% funded by newsXpress.
- Merchandise buying advice based on your own business sales data.
- Exclusive product opportunities for highly sought-after products.
- Information that helps you sell some products faster than your competitors.
- In-store business management advice, training and support.
- Regular capital city and regional member meetings where you can network with colleagues and tap into more excellent ideas.
- Help in controlling magazine supply.
- Free labour rate and other employee management advice from a skilled industrial relations lawyer.
- Discount shop insurance.
- Marketing support from regular newsXpress funded Facebook and other social media marketing.
- Christmas and key seasons catalogues offering excellent value for quality products with good margins – not chasing fickle low price low margin sales.
- That everything is optional– newsXpress members engage as they want.
While the traditional Australian newsagency is a thing of the past, newsXpress and Tower Systems are offering newsagents a path to a bright future through opportunities and options from the newsXpress portfolio.