The drought, bushfires, floods and coronavirus have all impacted retail sales. Local independent gift shops are challenged. Through its specialty gift shop POS software, Tower Systems helps locally owned gift shops trade through and grow.
Here are some of the ways our gift shop POS software can do this.
By engaging with the marketing and management tools in the gift shop POS software, retailers can expect to cut costs, increase sales and drive bottom-line profit. Let’s take a moment to look at these…
- Cut costs. Thanks to electronic invoicing, the cost of processing new stock is lower than with manual processes. This can help cut your labour bill.
- Increase sales #1: reward customers. A good loyalty program works. Not like FlyBys which is of dubious financial value to customers. No, a serious loyalty program which guides your customers to spend more money with you. I have see stores grow sales by 10% on the back of a well constructed loyalty program, a good POS software package will run this for you, points and all.
- Increase sales with buy now pay later. Buy now pay later is flexible and loved. In our gift shop POS software it is integrated.
- Increase sales: market to your customers. A coupon on your receipts, an email newsletter, a printed newsletter or up-sell script at the sales counter for staff – these are all ways you can use your point of sale system to help guide your existing customers to spend more money with you.
- Increase sales #5. Connect with a local charity. Use your gift POS shop software to make it easy for a local charity to promote your retail business shop and raise money for themselves at the same time. Each sale earned for you by the charity can be tracked so that you are able to reward them with an accurate donation at the end of the campaign.
- Make better business decisions. Bu buying only stock which works for you or seeing exactly what customers buy with what you are able to make business decisions which are more likely to drive better business results.
- Cut mistakes. Mistakes in retail can be expensive. By using smart retail management software, you can and should expect to cut mistakes. This is because it takes fewer keystrokes per sale. This reduces the opportunity for mistakes. The saving could add as much as a full percentage point to your bottom line.
- Cut theft. Theft in retail in Australia was running at between 3% and 5% of turnover. Thanks to tight controls around employees and better tracking of stock theft, you can expect to cut the cost of theft. Every $1 cut in theft is a $1 on your bottom line.
It is easy to get drawn to the doom and gloom of the times and through this to lose focus on your business. This trap must be avoided at all costs … for the sake of the business and all who rely on the business from customers to employees to owners.
By using tools freely available in your gift shop POS software you can find sales, find time and find margin which may have eluded you to this point.