How do you choose the POS software that is best for your retail business? Here is our advice based on years helping small business retailers.
Note, while we are a POS software company, our advice here is not specific to our product. rather, it is general and couple apply to any retail business considering POS software.
There is no short-cut or easy way to choose POS software for your retail business for if you do take a short-cut it is likely to hurt you. It’s kinda like the carpenter mantra, measure twice, cut once. For choosing POS software for your retail business, research, research again before you decide.
This is not something to outsource. It is your business, you need to own the decision.
Technology knowlkdge is not required. If a POS software company representative speaks in tech speak tell them to stop. It is likely they would do this to dazzle you into a possibly wrong decision.
But let’s take a step back. before you can start the process of choosing the right POS software for you business you need to know what you want and what all those in your business who will use the software will want from the POS software. Get your requirements right first and your process of selection from there will be easier for you and better for the business.
So, let’s get is a list of what we think you need to do to choose the right POS software for your retail business …
- Own the process of choosing the right POS software for your retail business yourself.,
- Know what you want.
- Be sure of what you need.
- Prioritise these list. And, yes, they are two lists.
- Keep conversations away from tech jargon.
- Take your time.
- Look at the software.
- Talk to others using the software.
- Get claims made by any POS software company in writing or recorded – so you have a record. A good POS software company will want to do this for you.
- Make a decision when you are ready.
- Don’t be pressured by a pricing deal.
Choosing the right POS software for your retail business is something to approach seriously, in a structured way and with the needs and wants of you and your business paramount at all times.
Remember, you are choosing a relationship with tech ology and not the person selling it to you.