We were shocked to discover that some POS software solutions do not handle the sale of items by fractions. In fact, we didn’t believe it at first. Like, who would think it is a good idea to create POS software that only sold items in whole numbers? Seriously, who?
Fabric, timber, liquids, sand, soil, birdseed, vegetables, fruit … plenty of items are sold in fractions if they are to be sold accurately.
For years, our POS software has handled fractions.
Now we know some do not offer this, it’s a feature, a benefit we need to speak to.
Garden centres, pet shops, farm supply businesses, produce businesses, fruit shops and more sell items by fractions. Selling by fractions is one of a range of specialty facilities in our specialty POS software, one of a range of things that help to separate our POS software from the everyday basic POS software you may have.
here are some of the other facilities in our POS software that help make it specialty POS software for specialty retail:
- Quote and invoice management. Strong, flexible, fit for purpose.
- Trade pricing profiles supporting pricing flexibility for your customers.
- Customer account management: Professional and accurate control.
- Pricing profiles. You can set pricing rules based on types of customers.
- Easier deliveries. Packing slips and delivery notes.
- Sell by weight or measure, including fractions.
- Bag your own products. Bag bulk to smaller and to your own brand.
- Colour / size / style. Track what you sell at a granular level.
- Product care receipts. You control design and detail.
- Re-potting. As plants grow, charge accordingly.
- Pre-orders – pre-sell stock and be ahead of the game.
- Special orders – easily manage special customer orders.
- Awesome loyalty through which you can easily differentiate.
- Seasonal reordering. Easily reorder inventory based on seasonal sales.
- Weatherproof labels.
- Electronic supplier invoice support – cut mistakes and save time.
- Easy Shopify integration. See: www.sprengersruraltraders.com.au.
We are grateful to business owners and staff in your channel who guide our software development. Their advice helps us make more useful software.
Sure, supporting the sale of items by fractions is a small deal. But … to some businesses it is a big deal and we are grateful to serve this big deal.