Christmas in July is a terrific retail tradition in Australia. It is an excellent opportunity to clear stock, boost foot traffic and reset the shop floor of any retail situation.
Using our POS software retailers can easily manage the Christmas in July. In particular, our POS software can help with:
- Identifying what inventory you can pitch in Christmas in July to quit stock.
- What sold at this time last year, and the year before.
- Bundling items to given them a fresh look.
- Managing the pricing offer between nominated date and time periods.
- At the register pitching up-sell opportunities from the Christmas in July campaign.
- Tracking the success of the campaign.
Christmas in July is a wonderful opportunity in almost any retail setting. We say this based on our experience working with a broad variety of specialty retailers. The key is to have a strong offer, well situated, pitched well, understood of all team members and targeted to sell what you need to sell. That’s the key here – the commercial outcome for your retail business.
Here at our POS software company we can help you make the most of the Christmas in July opportunity.
Here is a refreshed list of tips for making Christmas in July a success.
- Run the Christmas in July campaign over no more than two weeks in July. One week could be enough.
- Choose dates which are away from any other promotion – it works best with little competition.
- Get all team members engaged.
- Set aside spoke front of store, in their face.
- Dress the team and the store to suit the Christmas theme.
- Display any spare Christmas stock from last year.
- Play Christmas music.
- Choose a day for an extra special celebration and make this an all-out focus.
- Have a competition for the kids around the theme.
- Create a giant Christmas stocking which one lucky customer can win.
- Use the event to discount any slow moving items. It its a perfect opportunity to quit stock.
- Promote on social media.
Christmas in July is an excellent opportunity to get suppliers on board. Maybe they could provide products for you to give away as gifts – I.E. every shopper gets spending over $10 a ‘Christmas’ gift. Suppliers could use your promotion as an ideal time for trialling products and getting your customers engaged.