We are grateful to discover many innovative marketing ideas running in local retail businesses. Here is a list of 10 marketing ideas we love. they are free to implement, easy toitmplemnent. And, they are likely to work in just about any type of retail business.
These ideas are a gift from our small business focussed POS software company to you:
- Promote you. At every possible touch point, automatically show off your point of difference by promoting your knowledge, especially your local knowledge as it relates to the use of the products you sell. Good POS software makes this easy – allowing you to share knowledge in a way that is helpful for your customers, so they rem ember you, and recommend you.
- Stop copying. There is so much copying in business. Loyalty points programs are a good example. They have been copied so much that people don’t understand what points are worth. In our POS software you can use discount vouchers are a fresh and loved differentiator. Customers accrue actual currency in dollars and cents that they can spend. there is no confusion. Everywhere this is used, we see retailers and customers love it.
- Bring customers back. Recall them with a reminder for a free service, a free check, an anniversary reminder or similar. Just as optometrists recall customers for their annual eye check-up, you can recall customers for a reason relevant to your business and relevant to what your shoppers purchase from you. This can be tailored based on shopper purchases.
- Connect with community groups and their members. Seize opportunities to connect with local community groups offering support for their projects. In turn, they will talk positively about your business through their own network. See 20 Ideas For Building a Better, Stronger and More Valuable Community Connection. There are smart win-win-win ways you can do this with the Tower Systems POS software.
- Host an event. Host a local VIP shoppers night, a 24 hour Celebration Sale or a special event night. Create some theatre around any seasonal opportunity. Maybe do with other shops in your area. Offering free photos is a good way to draw in families. Promote that this night is for local VIPs – because you care about your local customers.
- Have volume purchase offers. Offer discounts for the more customers buy. For example, you could have a single item priced at $24.95, two prices at $44.95 and three priced at $59.95. If you bought the stock well, the $59.95 price for three should provide at least 50% margin yet customers see themselves as getting a great deal. Great software can easily manage this for you.
- Prompt for an up-sell. POS software can flash up on the screen prompts which relate to what a customer has purchased. The promotional script appears on the screen without blocking the sale.
- Leverage your data. Track what sells with what. Once you know this you can make much better product placement decisions.
- Sell online. It’s a no-brainer, but it is often ignored because it’s considered too hard. Choose POS software that makes it easy.
There are many more ways in which retailers can market their businesses using Point of Sale software for little or no cost.