The data management needs of antique shops are unique, beyond what is traditional in retail businesses. Often, the needs are unique to each business in niche ways.
Historically steeped in paper-based management, antique businesses rely on accurate record keeping for it is this that serves the needs of sellers and buyers and the antique business itself.
Tower Systems is grateful to offer POS software for antique businesses, software tuned to the needs of these businesses based on what we have seen and been told.
Our POS software for antique shops has evolved from our decades of work in the jewellers POS software space. We serve hundreds of retailers in the jewellery channel from everyday fashion to high end to bespoke to heirloom to repair and maintenance. Our work with a diverse community opt jeweller businesses has set us up to serve the needs of antique businesses through our antique shop POS software.
Managing secondhand goods, managing insurance purchases, providing valuations, documenting product provenance, storing product images, offering product care instructions, tracking buyers, tracking sellers … all of these facilities and more are part of the core POS software for antique shops from Tower Systems.
Our seamless connectivity to Shopify helps us serve online sale needs too, from the physical shop to online and back in terms of accurate and timely data management.
Using our POS software, antique shops can track sales of items provided by different sellers. You can easily report on sales at this level. you can also aggregate items for reporting or tracking across sellers, based on product type.
Often in antique shops, product knowledge is held by a few. Using our POS software for antique shops you can help more people in the business offer consistency in terms of product related knowledge. This is key for the business to be able to operate under management if that serves the interests of the business owners.
Our approach in dealing with antique shop opportunities is to understand the needs first. We’re not right for everyone. we will say so if we are not right, and wish you all the best with your search.
See what we offer antique shops through our POS software, contact us: sales @towersystems.com..au or 1300 662 957.
We used to develops sell and support DOS POS software. For many years, in fact. However, it is more than twenty years since we last sold it. Yes, DOS POS software was dead in the late 1990s. It was old tech enology then, out of date, flawed and not suitable for modern businesses then.
We can’t imagine any retail business using DOS POS software today, not in 2020 with so many smart business needs, interconnectivity needs, integration needs. DOS POS software could not keep up with the needs of today.
From 1981 through to the mid to late 1990s our DOS POS software was terrific, suitable and evolving. However, in the mid 1990s when we started building our Windows based POS software, we knew that ur DOS POS software mould end, that it would be sold no more. Such is the evolution of software development.
Knowing when to lay softer to rest is a skill, important to software companies and important to users of POS software.
We knew in the mid to late 1990s that DOS POS software had no future given the then emerging opportunities for small retailers beyond the traditional. That is when the generational shift of Windows POS software for small business retailers came into play.
While we supported the old DOS POS software and never forced anyone to shift, the software itself did not evolve. It had reached end of life in that sense. We helped our customers and made sure they were protected and we offer an easy path to the new Windows based POS software.
Today, we look back on the days of DOS with a fondness, just as we look back on our Apple II+ days and our old CP/M days. These are nostalgic thoughts. But, our focus is on what 2021 and beyond bring for our software as well evolve into new areas, delivering to retailers facilities built with new technology.
This year has been exciting. Next year will be even more so for reasons people will see emerge.
In the meantime, we are thankful for the DOS POS memories and grateful that we left that world when we did.
Tower Systems is grateful to offer its POS software an an alternative to PBSA POS software.
Serving more than 3,000 small business retailers in a selection of niche retail channels, Tower Systems offers services and facilities compatible with what users of PBSA POS software are used to:
- Sale integration for selling by weight.
- Selling by fractions.
- Selling by scanning and touchscreen buttons.
- Woo Commerce integration.
- Xero integration.
- Tyro integration.
We are grateful to folks experiences in using PBSA POS software for their insights so that we can confirm coverage of these and other retail business management needs.
We have not used or see PBSA POS software ourselves and so cannot speak to its suitability. What we know is our own software and our support infrastructure through which we provide timely and friendly POS software support, training and update help.
PBSA POS software users looking for an alternative are welcome and, indeed, invited to consider the POS software from Tower Systems. We’d be happy to compare function for function, to see if our locally supported and made POS software is an alternative compared to the PBSA POS software.
From a support perspective, Tower Systems POS software users have access to:
- Timely help desk support.
- Unlimited free one on one training.
- 600+ knowledge base articles – searchable documentation.
- User training videos.
- Business advice insights.
- Theft check services.
- Cloud based backup.
- Cloud hosting for those keen for off site hosting.
- Customer service escalation, to ensure that outside of the help desk an escalation point provides management access.
Tower Systems is focussed on customer service as we know that this matters to local retailers. Our processes are comprehensive and our contact points are accessible. Our motto is we’re here to help and we try and deliver this through every interaction.
Our customers play an important role in the evolution of our POS software. We offer a transparent process through which they can suggest POS software enhancements. These are considered by other customers and voted on. The majority of each POS software update developed and released by us is from these customer suggestions.
If you are a PBSA POS software user and are considering an alternative, we would welcome an opportunity to speak with you, to understand your needs and to see if Tower Systems can serve you.
This new video from our team is an example of the training we offer retailers using our Point of Sale software. It is part of a pack of new training resources delivered as part of the recent R3 release. R3 is new generation POS software for specialty retailers. It is visually fresh, technically fresh and loaded with specialty retail facilities through which businesses can differentiate.
Here is our SEO / SEM workshop for small business retailers using our Shopify connected POS software from last week. We have another of these free workshops today. Each session is different as the direction is participant driven. We are grateful to those who participate as well as to those who watch afterwards.
This advice is for businesses that are traffic and margin poor businesses. Such businesses face high-risk businesses as most low margin products and services are delivering less traffic year on year … and therefore face high-risk of financial failure.
In addition to low margin products and services experiencing traffic decline year on year, minimal or no retail price movement see a decline in margin in real terms. Further, too often we see the percentage cut by suppliers for selfish reasons, further diluting the value to the retailer.
In our POS software user community we have access to wonderful advice and inspiration, from a broad range of retailers. We draw on that today, to put together the advice in the article for you.
But it is not all bad news with low margin products and services. If they are generating good traffic, the opportunity is to be proactive in leveraging that traffic. Here is a list of five must-do things to leverage this low value traffic in your business.
- Place at least one offer / stand at the door facing people as they leave. If you have room, have one stand / offer either side. Make sure the offer is easily understood and relevant.
- Use a portable table for pricing stock and other stock work and place this with a staff member doing the work during busy periods between the door and the destination for most traffic.
- For the highest traffic low-margin items, always pitch other products such that these destination shoppers see the other products.
- Always have an offer at the counter unrelated to the low margin destination purchase. Get creative as to how you pitch this at the lottery counter if you have Tatts.
- Establish a floor unit to guide counter traffic. the right type of unit is best used for holing products people are likely to purchase on impulse while standing in line to make their destination purchase. All sorts of retailers do this, even if they do not have the shopper to warrant such a floor unit.
Our advice is do all five of these things. If you don’t do some or all you are most likely only benefiting from destination business from low-margin high-traffic products and services and there is no upside in that.
For the record, margin poor products and services are those with a GP percentage of less than 50% in our view.
In our indie retail POS software we have awesome tools to help low margin high volume retailers. We’d be glad to help with practical advice.
Retailer Roam, the portable POS software from Tower Systems is being embraced by more retailers with businesses that operate on the road.
Yes, portable POS software. POS software you can use on the road, away from the counter, from a truck, at a market, at a pop up store. This is genuinely portable POS software. Oh, and internet access is not required.
Retailer Roam is serving retailers looking to take their business transactions to customers no matter where they are … local markets, on the farm, from the back of a truck, pop-up stores and more.
Retailer Roam is Aussie made portable POS software thanks to smart app development from the Tower systems web team working closely with the POS software development team.
To back up access to this new and innovative portable POS software product, Tower Systems has released a range of helpful advice and online accessible documentation including these topics:
- Making the most of Retailer Roam
- Previous Sales in Retailer Roam
- Creating Layouts In Retailer Roam
- Creating Paytypes In Retailer Roam
- Installing TeamViewer for Retailer Roam
- Performing Laybys In Retailer Roam
- Performing Sales in Retailer Roam
- Importing Retailer Roam Ordering Files
- Frequently Asked Questions – Retailer Roam
- Setting Up Retailer for Retailer Roam
Offering fresh and evolving documentation for Retailer Roam is another way we are helping new and emerging retailers make the most of the fresh opportunities offered by Retailer Roam. We are loving helping retailers unlock new sales opportunities by disconnecting transactions front sales counter.
A common question we get is: Does Retailer Roam Require An Internet Connection?
Yes and No. You will need an internet connection to install the app and to obtain the base Retailer data. However, when using it, no – it;’s easy and truly portable.
If the location you’re selling from does not have internet connectivity you can use the device to transact, however, you will not receive any product updates or send sales back until the connection is re-established.
There is an ‘Offline Mode’ that can be turned on in settings for a smoother no-internet-connection experience. While in this mode the user will be limited to completing sales with what data has already been pre-loaded on the device. No API calls can be made in this mode, and sales will be stored locally until they can be synced.
There is an option to download all stock-data on the device; so, it can be used offline.
Retailer Roam is portable POS softeware for retailers on the move.
Our POS software integrates with Xero cloud based accounting software.
Integrating seamlessly with Xero as we do provides our POS software customers with safe and easy access to a beautiful POS software and accounting solution for the whole of the retail business.
Thanks to the POS software Xero integration, small business retailers can:
- Save time. Data flow is seamless, safe, secure and fast. No more double or triple handing of invoice details.
- Cut mistakes. Every keystroke you eliminate in business is a possible data mistake eliminated. The Xero POS software integration cuts keystrokes.
- Make better business decisions. Accurate business data feeds better business decisions.
- Reduce accounting and bookkeeping costs. All the data entry work bookkeepers and accounting professionals do can be eliminated thanks to safe and fast data flow between the POS software and Xero.
- Drive business value. Data is revealing and this helps you extract more business value.
- Enjoy the business more. Data entry is a grind and it can lead to mistakes. Get rid of these challenges and yours enjoyment rises for sure.
- Immediate cashflow visibility. With no lag for data, you can see your position immediately.
Small business retailers have been using our Xero / POS software integration fort years. We have been using it ourselves in our own retail shops too – we love it and appreciate the benefits it delivers.
We help you map POS data to Xero, to provide data correctly to the needs of your accountant or bookkeeper.
Our POS software Xero experts can help0 you make the transition and establish a link that is right for your business, a link that serves not only you but those who serve you with accounting and business advice.
As a Xero development partner, Tower Systems is well resourced and skilled to help you get the most of the interface opportunity.
What is Transferred to Xero?
Sales. End of Shift based department-level sales are transferred to Xero via a sales invoice. Each department can be assigned its own Xero account.
Invoices. Invoices received into the Retailer POS software are transferred to Xero at department level. No individual stock items are transferred.
Write Offs & No Sales. These are transferred to individual expense accounts depending on the transaction reason chosen.
Cost Of Sales. An option on sales exporting is to export Cost of Sales. While not a full implementation of COGS it does transfer over the cost price of items sold each day to reduce the value of Stock On Hand in Xero.
Aussie POS software co Tower systems offers cloud based POS software made for specialty retailers.
We make what we sell. This is locally made, sold and supported POS software for niche retailers, retailers in selected retail channels. Our cloud based POS software solutions are made specifically for jewellers, garden centres, bike shops, adult shops, homewares stores, newsagencies, gift shops, toy shops, produce businesses, toy shops, farm supply businesses and more.
In each niche retail channel we have dived in to work with suppliers and retailers to ensure that we deliver solutions that are fit for purpose in each channel, for retailers and for suppliers. This is whaat makes us a vertical market POS software colour deep specialisation in a retail channel.
Being cloud based, we offer our customers an insulation from some challenges of technology. Our POS software is securely hosted off site and independent of our own business and fully backed up to be safe and secure, with the ability to operate as and when needed by our retailer customers.
To be sure, though, our retail business customers can access our software through desktop local installation access if they wish. The choice is theirs. Cloud based is ideal for many but there are some who prefer their own approach, being self sufficient.
Our cloud based POS software is accessed through a 30-day rental program. Included in the low rental price for each is:
- Australian developed and supported specialty POS software.
- Software updates as we release them.
- Unlimited licences for your retail location. If you need an extra computer, there is no extra software cost.
- Shopify / Magento / Woo link. Easily sell online from your POS software.
- Xero link. Easing bookkeeping costs and streamlining accounting.
- Our OzBiz link – connect to MYOB and Quicken through OzBiz.
- Tyro link – safe, fast and easy EFTPOS link for streamlined sales.
- PC Eftpos link – easy EFTPOS processing for the major banks.
- Easy buy now pay laterthanks to Zip Pay and Humm – that Boomers, Gen Y, Gen X and others are using more and more.
- Support – help desk access, unlimited training, updates and more.
- User documentation. Access to our searchable knowledge base.
Rental is charged per 30 days, in advance. Access can be cancelled at any time. You can also choose to purchase the software outright.
We have a structured and personalised on-boarding process, done in your business for a modest up front fee. This includes:
- A pre-installation training and information pack to help you be ready in your business and with hardware.
- Pre-installation planning. A structured phone meeting to plan the installation and to go over the training, ensuring we cover what matters to you and your team.
- On-site installation and training. On-site installation of and training in the Tower software anywhere in Australia for up to two days incl. travel.
- Data conversion. Conversion of all data possible (within reasonable time constraints). This is a two-step process:
- Pre-conversion. With your permission we extract data to be checked for layout and consistency.
- The conversion itself. This is done as part of software installation.
- Personal priority support. New user priority support through a specialist area of the new customer help desk.
- Personal post-installation follow-up. A separate structured call to check knowledge and use processes.
- All travel costs to and from the installation.
Tower Systems cloud based POS software offers independent small business retailers flexibility of use and access, it offers big business tools and opportunities in a package made for small business retailers.
Securely hosted in the cloud, automatically backed up and always up to date, the cloud POS software from Tower Systems is another way the company is helping small business retailers compete with big businesses, by offering an infrastructure solution that is current, best practice and capable.
With access available through a subscription service, the Tower Systems cloud POS software has a low start-up cost, which suits many indie retail business costs. The tech experts at Tower Systems shield retailers from back office work necessary. The company has a process for ensuring that settings are implemented to the needs unique to each small business retailer customer.
Cloud based POS software is one of a range of solutions offered by Tower Systems for the niche retail business marketplaces it service including retailers in: toy, gift, garden, produce, farm supply, pet, homewares, bike, newsagent and other specialty retail niches.
Developed using start of the art tools and hosted in a secure independent and safe data centre location with redundancy capacity, the cloud services from Tower Systems offer a competitive advantage to small business retailers who tap in to the service.
Tower does not itself host the clouds POS software service. Rather, the company partners with a specialty business in this area, a company that is expert at cloud services, a company offering 24/7 security and stability, factors that are critical to any retail business, especially those trading online as well as in-store.
Cloud based POS software is not for everyone. This is why Tower Systems also offers self-hosted solutions as well as desktop software where retailers have complete control over the location of data and software.
Small business retailers partnering with Tower Systems can choose the solution apocopate to their local business needs. This is key flexibility from Tower Systems. Our customers are in control, always. Plus, they can move from one platform – cloud or local – when they want, when it best serves their local business needs.
Being local matters in small business. As a small business focussed POS software company, we understand. Here are ways for any local retail business to be more locally engaged.
- Be visable locally: at community events, cafes, restaurants, pubs, schools, walking, clubs and markets.
- Understand local. Learn the local terms, speak the lingo.
- Buy locally. It sends the wrong message if you pitch shop local yet you purchase stationery online and have it delivered or if you buy your pet food online and have it delivered. Source locally as much as possible and be obvious about it.
- Facilitate local connections. Have a local community noticeboard in-store.
- Provide local receipts. Use your receipts to share local information. This could be local advice relating to what you sell or other local insights that add value to the relationship with your business.
- Talk local. Where you source locally, show it with products. Note that local can be a flexible term. For example, you may have a product sourced from Australia that some would consider local if the alternative is an imported product.
- Give locally. Five local charities priority with your time and money ahead of non-local charities.
- Hire locally. When you place a notice looking for a new team member, note preference given to local candidates.
- Share local knowledge. If you sell provides the use of which would benefit from local knowledge, have that served automatically by your POS software on shopper receipts.
- Share local on your Facebook page. Talk about local activities on your business Facebook, show your local connection.
- Explain why local matters. When you pitch on your Facebook page or noticeboard your support for a charity, explain that it is through local community support that you are able to help the local community.
- Offer a locals only discount.
Too often small business retailers call for people to support local businesses. It can be more valuable if you show what local looks and feels like, so people in the community understand the benefit for them from supporting you.
To Tower Systems, local is small business. We only sell our software to small businesses because we believe in the importance of small business in any economy. Small businesses are our local community.
Earlier this week, Tower Systems commenced beta release of an awesome POS software update for its small business retailers. Plenty of the content in this update was suggested by small business retail customers who asked for enhancements based on in-store experiences. Each new facility and each enhancement of an existing facility adds value to what we offer our customers through our specialty retail POS software.
Once the beta release cycle is complete and feedback processed, we will commence commercial release.
The POS software from Tower Systems is a comprehensive and flexible Point of Sale software package offering facilities in many areas of retail business operation. It has evolved over many years and have been enhanced thanks to generous support and advice from small business retailers.
The software have been re-written from scratch as new technologies have evolved for more efficiently serving the needs of the software and the businesses that use it.
The software offers plenty, including…
- POS sale scanning. Scanning product barcodes.
- POS sales using user configured touch buttons for fast and easy selling.
- Selling by weight.
- Selling by measure.
- Selling by fractions.
- Tracking sales by employee, by time of day, by day of week, by time and date, by supplier. There is plenty of flexibility into slicing and dicing the sales data for views you can love and learn from.
- Control over the look and feel of the Point of Sale screen.
- Control over the look and feel of receipts. In fact, you have extraordinary control over receipt design – to serve the visual representation of your business that you want.
- Smart receipts that add value to the customer experience with local knowledge, care instructions and more.
- Customer receipts that contain a $$ discount off the next purchase if loyalty engagement is achieved.
- Structured end of shift process to reduce mistakes and more easily track fraud.
- Employee theft mitigation controls.
- Inventory control.
- Multiple price levels for products. You can see by account type, business type – allowing you to be different to different customers.
- Multiple customer types.
- Customer marketing facilities to enable targeted marketing.
- Importing supplier stock files.
- Importing supplier invoices.
- Exporting orders.
- Generating orders based on sales.
- Four different and valuable types of loyalty facilities.
- Comprehensive business performance reporting.
- Customer age controls.
- Serial number tracking.
- Repairs management.
- Product manufacturing management.
- Multiple POS terminals in a store.
- Multiple stores connected.
- More than 100 reports with extraordinary options to facilitate insights into the business performance.
- Marketing by purchase history, account type, categories and more.
- Business intelligence interface – key business data when and where you want to access.
- Linking to Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce.
- Linking to Xero, MYOB and more.
- Linking to suppliers.
- Linking to EFTPOS terminals to cut time, keystrokes and mistakes.
- Linking to scales – government authorised.
This list is not complete. To find out more, to find out how it fits with your specific type of business, contact us.
Tower Systems has partnered with Tyro broadband EFTPOS for many years as a preferred partner in handling over the counter payment by credit and debit cards.
We like Tyro. Their service is excellent, fast, secure and ideal for indie retailers, like our POS software customers.
We like the Tyro approach to business, like letting customers choose their settlement time. This and other features demonstrate a commitment to small business needs.
We also like the business banking services they offer our customers…
The Tyro Bank Account pays a base interest rate3 of 1.00% p.a. and for funds left for more than 90 days, you can earn up to 1.75% p.a. interest. Maintaining a balance of at least $10,000 throughout the year can give you an extra $166 in interest back in your pocket3.
To make the most of your money, have your daily settlement deposited directly into your Tyro Bank Account to begin earning interest right away, plus you can utilise the convenience of recurring payments, so you can help automate the running of your business.
From within our POS software, retailers can transact with Tyro with certainty and security, knowing that they are offering a best-practice credit and credit card solution to their customers.
We use Tyro ourselves in the retail businesses we own and operate. This gives us hands on experience that we leverage in servicing our customers.
Here at Tower Systems, we only sell to and support small business retailers with our POS software. There is a good reason for this.
Small business retail is different to big business retail.
A company with one big business customer and many small business customers will always put the big business first.
By serving only small business retailers with our POS software we get to treat everyone the same. We respect everyone on the same level.
This is fair. This is just. This is how we want to run out software business.
All customers are equal. In a software company with big business customers and small business customers this is not the case. Indeed, in that type of company, small business customers can be lost and not heard.
Here at Tower Systems every customer matters, every customer has direct contact details for real people in our company, decision makers. There is no hurdle, no secret door, no access based on your size because, here, size does not matter.
We hear from politicians all the time about the importance of small business. Often, their words, from either side of politics, do not go beyond the words. We are different. We live, breathe and act small business every day. It has been in our DNA since we began.
Yes, we have said no to big business customers.
Yes, we have turned down opportunities to sell to a 50+ store network. That is not us.
We are comfortable serving independently owned small business retailers. We do it well and we know our customers appreciate it.
We say this today as there are POS software companies out there who take on all customers, big and small. If you are a small business owner and want your voice heard, consider this, consider how you might be heard as our customer versus as a customer in a business where you are mixing it with much bigger customers.
Size does matter. Being part of a community of like sized and like minded retailers is good for you and it is good for us as the goals of service will be more closely aligned.
here at our small business POS software company y we gratefully engage with our customers to help them understand and plan for disaster scenarios. Here is advice we have shared with our customers:
How protected is your retail business in the event of disaster? Since we are a software company, our interest is more to do with data and technology.
Are you as protected as you can be?
This is an easy topic to ignore and most small business retailers do. Those most likely to plan for a disaster are those who have gone through it. Once bitten, twice shyas they say.
Insurance. Insurance coverage is vital to helping overcome any type of disaster. In addition to ensuring that your insurance policy covers all disaster situations of concern to you, including flood, theft, water inundation, fire, earthquake, riot—be sure to carefully read the policy, ensure that your insurance policy / policies cover payouts for the following:
- Business interruption. The amount should equal your anticipated gross profit for whatever period you choose to be covered.
- Data recovery. Including the hiring of experts to recover data from backup sources or the manual entry of data that cannot be automatically recovered. Ensure you are covered to the point of recovered data being useable.
- Lost stock. This is stock stolen, lost from the business.
- Damaged and unsaleable stock. This is stock which is water damaged, scuffed or dented and which will not attract full price.
- Dated stock. This is stock that you cannot sell by the due date.
- Many policies require explicit statement of glass coverage.
- Temporary trading premises. Business interruption may cover this.
- Key person injury and/or death.This will usually be a separate policy. Depending on the disaster, coverage may also be available through the overall business policy.
Ensure that the value of stock, fixtures and fittings covered by your policy is an accurate reflection of the real value of these items. Use your POS system to track all stock movements in and out. The stock on hand in your software should be your coverage.
Ensure that your insurance policy protects for the seasonal nature of your business
Data Protection. Business data is a valuable asset. Follow these steps:
- Backup your business data every day, at the end of the day, without fail.
- Better still: use a cloud based backup service that undertakes the backup as the day unfolds without you having to every do anything to backup.
- Maintain a separate backup for each day of the week.
- Remove the backup from the business property.
- Store the backup in a safe, dry place.
- Check the usefulness of the backup by restoring and checking the data.
- Store original business software in a safe off-site location.
- Check the backup every three to six months – to make sure the backup is actually backing us current data and can be read. A backup you cannot read is a waste of time and money.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Do not share passwords widely.
Disaster Planning. Here are some general suggestions on planning for a disaster in your business property.
- Ensure your roof is secure and free of leak points.
- Do not place computers on the floor. Put them on a riser.
- Use a power filter.
- Ensure all electrical wiring is to code.
- Keep off-site copies of: Business contracts and agreements; employee contact details, business account and other passwords, insurance details, recent photographs of fixtures, fittings and stock.
- For records you cannot easily copy or that may change as the trading day unfurls, consider having a go bag ready for you to grab if there is a risk to the premises such as a bushfire.
- Maintain a register of all employees in the business premises at any time.
- Prepare and place in a prominent place an evacuation plan.
- Maintain a professional grade OH&S compliant first aid kit.Have this checked regularly.
- Regularly maintain all fire extinguishers – check with your local fire brigade about this.
- Ensure that the business premises is safe and maintained to the local building codes and OH&S regulations.
- Have a trained first aid officer in staff. Your local St Johns or similar will be able to provide training.
- Use government resources such as the emergency planning kit at the federal government website: http://www.business.gov.au/business-topics/templates-and-downloads/emergency-management-template-and-guide/Pages/default.aspx
Here at Tower Systems for years now we have offered small business retailers a transparent process through which they can suggest POS software enhancements and vote on these and other suggestions.
Our Software Ideas website page was launched to ur customers years ago to provide them power when it comes to change requests. They get to outline what they want, in their own words.
We review each suggestion to determine if it is technically possible.
Then, any of our customers gets to vote on each change suggestion.
From this list we select enhancements to include in software u0dates. Every update delivers enhancements customers want from the simple to the complex. These enhancements are provided to our customers for no additional charge beyond the optional annual software support fee.
The software enhances et suggestion process we have created was unique many years ago when we launched it and it remains unique today in the small business POS software community. While other POS software companies take on customer suggestions, they usually do not show customers all the suggestions in detail and allow them to vote on any suggestions.
Our software is stronger for having this process, we are a better company for it.
Customers are thrilled to see enhancements they have suggested delivered in the software. We are thrilled for our customers, to be able to deliver for them in this way, to provide them something close to a bespoke POS software experience.
It is very powerful delivering services like this, impactful and empowering as we give our customers the opportunity to set the agenda and the tools through which they can do this, It is awesome and we are proud to have maintained the service for so long.
We are especially excited when a customer makes a suggestion for a change, requesting something be added to the software … which is already there. Its a special moment to say there it is, already, today. What you want to to do for you is there. It demonstrates to us a training and coaching opportunity, which we dive into without cost to our customers.
Our Software Ideas facility remains groundbreaking in POS software circles. It is a differentiating platform for our customers.
The POS software from Tower Systems is valuable for indie small business retailers as it provides tools through which these businesses can compete, grow and become more valuable.
This is POS software with a proven track record, heritage and value embedded for small business retailers in a range of specialty retail channels. Software already used by thousands of small business retailers. Software technically rich and functionally smooth – ready for enjoyment at all levels of any independent retail business.
Retailers love our POS software and the support that backs the use of the POS software because of our accessibility, focus on small business, commitment to channel specialisation and the regular updating of our POS software. Each year our skill set improves and with this our ability to serve niche retail businesses.
While Tower Systems offers POS services for all retailers, our core business is the provision of specialist software packages for gift shops, newsagents, jewellers, pet shops, garden centres, firearms shops, adult shops, bike shops and toy shops. We are the leading Australian company supporting these markets and our software is directly developed for their unique needs.
Tower Systems understands these needs because it owns and manages its own thriving retail businesses. Our staff have retail experience and our software is informed by what happens in real world business – not from what happens behind a desk.
The company’s strong management infrastructure champions the small business, independent culture of Tower Systems.
Here are practical ways we help small business retailers in and beyond our POS software:
Software enhanced by user suggestion and direction.
- Easy access to training.
- Easy access to support.
- Regular free training.
- Regular user meetings.
- Easy access to business management advice, beyond the software.
Tower Systems is accessible to every one of our customers. We stand by our promises and deliver not only in terms of software but also in terms of training and advice. For us, it is personal. It is why every customer has easy access to the leadership team of the company, why every customer can self escalate any issue they want right through to the ownership of the company if there need arises.
Subscriptions are bigger than ever in retail and our POS software is ideal for handling subscriptions. We are expert in the area and have solutions to suite a variety of needs.
Subscriptions can take multiple forms and payment can be handled in multiple ways. They can be a powerful way to cement a relationship with a shopper for the long term. They can also offer you a wonderful gift to sell to someone. Indeed, subscriptions can be as long-term valued and appreciated by your business as they can be by your customers.
Thanks to flexibility, power and that the software we sell is made and maintained by us, we have capacity to serve the subscription need in retail in multiple ways.
If you offer subscriptions in your shop or offer subscription services in one way or another, talk with us as our retail management software may be suited to your needs. For sure we will let you know if our software does not meet your needs.
Tower Systems helps retailers tap into wonderful and current day subscription opportunities.
POS SOFTWARE IS ONLY PART OF OUR STORY.
We help retailers grow their businesses.
When I started Tower Systems I wanted it to be more than a regular POS software company. I knew we would only sell to independent small retail businesses and only develop software for specific retail niches.
I also knew I wanted us to help beyond the software itself.
On an average day, we help retailers buy better, discover theft, improve efficiency and increase the average basket size.
We train our front line people in business so they can help your business. They are not your usual POS software help desk people.
We also help by creating marketing collateral, like this new poster we created in-house for fishing and outdoor businesses that use our software:
Or this one for pet stores:
Let us show you our POS software. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for an obligation free demonstration: Please call our sales team at 1300 662 957 or email them at email@example.com.
We are proud to serve 3,500 specialty retailers with our software.