Calling a POS software help desk, or any help desk for that matter, can be a challenging experience. It’s important to know that no two help desks are the same.
We have put together some tips for a good help desk experience. These are designed to be useful in any situation:L
- Make sure you’re prepared before calling – have your account number and password ready.
- Be polite and respectful to the help desk representative, even if you’re frustrated. be sure to tell them who you are.
- Explain the problem as clearly as possible, and be patient while they try to help you. Don’t interrupt once they start responding to what you have said.
- Thank the representative for their time once the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem can’t be fixed over the phone, ask for instructions on how to proceed.
- Follow up with a thank-you email after the issue has been resolved.
- Consider leaving a review of your experience.
- If the call was not satisfactory, let the company know, so they can guide improvement.
- Oh, and if you are at the counter in the shop, don’t expect them to hold while you serve customers.
Good customer service relies on good engagement from both sides. Customers need to be able to articulate their needs clearly, and customer service representatives need to be patient and attentive listeners.
Furthermore, both parties need to be respectful of each other’s time.
One of the most frustrating things about poor customer service is feeling like the representative is rushing you off the phone or not taking your concerns seriously. On the other hand, representatives should be efficient in order to minimize wait times for customers. In short, successful customer service engagements require effective communication and a mutual commitment to courtesy and respect.
Every day here at Tower Systems we interact with our customers, mainly on the phone. We are grateful for the opportunity to help. It all begins with listening, which is followed by providing advice that we expect will help. Often, the help we offer is from existing content we have that has been tested. We prefer to offer a proven solutions from that everyone wins.